Key Stage 5
Students who have chosen to continue with a language are making a serious commitment to the continuation of their foreign language studies. We expect you to have a positive work ethic and be prepared to further develop your skills of independent learning.
What can you expect from the Sherburn High Language Department?
We aim to:
• Provide opportunities to practise and develop your language both inside and out of the classroom.
• Provide a safe, secure and pleasant environment for your studies.
• Provide you with accurate and up-to-date information throughout your course to enable you to monitor your progress towards your targets.
You can expect your teachers to:
• Prepare effective lessons, showing enthusiasm for their subject.
• Ensure that lessons start and end on time and give notice of unavoidable changes.
• Give you a good idea of what the course involves and how you will be assessed.
• Be patient and approachable, showing sympathy if a genuine problem occurs.
Theme 1: Aspects of French-speaking society: current trends
Unit 1 - La famille en voie de changement
Unit 2 - La cyber-societe
Unit 3 - Le role du benevolat
Theme 2: Artistic culture in the French-speaking world
Unit 4 - Une culture fiere de son patrimoine
Unit 5 - La musique francophone contemporaine
Unit 6 - Le septieme art
Dossier cinema et litterature
Dossier Cinema: l'etude d'un film
• Discussing theme, character, social and cultural context in film
• A case study of La Haine
Dossier Litterature: l'etude d'un texte litteraire
• Discussing theme, character, social and cultural context in literature
• A case study of Kiffe Kiffe
Writing an essay about a film or a literary text