All students are expected to maintain a high standard of personal appearance. The following is the Sherburn High School uniform:
- Black Sherburn High School blazer with the school badge on the breast pocket. Fashion jackets or suit style jackets are not permitted.
- Plain white collared shirt, with the top button fastened and shirt tucked in at the waistband.
- House tie, clipped onto the shirt collar, kept neatly maintained and graffiti free.
- Optional V neck plain black jumper without any logo.
- Plain black leather shoes- boots or trainers are not allowed. Shoes need to be below the ankle and plain in colour with black soles and sides.
- Canvas shoes, trainers or pumps (whether fabric or leather) are not permitted. Anything with a visible logo is not allowed.
- Trouser uniform: Conventional black trousers which are tailored. Tailored means full length to the shoe, not tight fitting or figure hugging and not made from stretchy fabric. Conventional black school trousers means without rivets on pockets or jean like design.
- Plain black or white socks, or black tights may be worn, other colours or patterns are not permitted.
- Optional plain black belt.
- Skirt uniform: Black knee length skirts which do not have a visible zip and are not made of stretchy fabric.
- Outdoor items such as coats, hats, scarves and gloves can be worn to and from school, however these should be removed before entering the building, this includes before school and during break, lunchtimes and in afterschool sessions when in the school buildings.
- Hooded Tops or Outdoor Coats: No hooded tops are to be brought into school (except from the Year 11 hoodie which may be worn by students who have met the set criteria)
Jewellery and Make-Up
Jewellery is not allowed. The only exception is one watch that is not a smart watch and a single ear stud worn in each lobe. Body, mouth and facial piercings are not allowed. For health and safety reasons students will not be allowed to wear any other jewellery items. Parents are advised that any valuable items worn are at the owner’s risk and that the school takes no responsibility for the loss of any valuable items.
No excessive make-up should be worn. Any student found to be wearing excessive make-up (this includes nail varnish, false nails, hair extensions, eye lashes, fake tan etc) will be required to remove them. Hair should be a natural colour and not dyed an extreme colour.
After May half term students may wear a Sherburn High School polo shirt in the appropriate House colour. The wearing of the SHS polo is entirely optional. Blazers are not required to be worn in school after May half term.
Students must return in September of each academic year in their full Sherburn High School uniform.
PE and Games Wear
- White T-shirt with collar
- Red and black fully reversible rugby shirt
- Plain black shorts (not cycling)/leggings/tracksuit bottoms
- Football boots
- White short socks
- Red football socks
- Shin pads
- Gum shield (recommended for Rugby)
If hair is long it should be tied back for practical lessons.
All students are required to bring the correct kit to their PE lessons even if they have to a note to be excused. This will allow excused students to assist in the lesson with tasks such as coaching, officiating, setting up of equipment and assisting the teacher with tasks such as keeping score, measuring and timing.
If a student refuses to borrow kit, even with a note they will be sanctioned via the departmental system.
3G Footwear requirement- only moulded studs are acceptable.
All clothing should be labelled with the owners name.