Students should gain a firm understanding of what music is through listening, singing, playing, evaluating, and composing across a wide variety of historical periods, styles, traditions, and musical genres. We are committed to ensuring children understand the value and importance of music and are able to use their musical skills, knowledge, and experiences to involve themselves in music, in a variety of different contexts.
Sherburn High School music curriculum will give students the opportunities to:
- Develop a love of listening to music from a variety of genres and develop the ability to understand and analyse what they can hear.
- Recognise features of various genres of music.
- Develop the confidence to perform, solo and ensemble.
- Use ideas creatively to compose music in a variety of styles and structures.
- Demonstrate tolerance of others’ opinions and ideas.
- Take ownership of their own creative work .Work with others to solve problems.
- Support and show respect to others when performing.
- Use a variety of musical instruments and Music Software.
- Be involved in all aspects of music making.
Subject Curriculum Outline