Curriculum Intent and Implementation
- To provide a love of the subject and to enable students to understand the value of living in 21st century society, especially when attending a predominantly white British, Christian/Agnostic school.
- To follow the principal aim of the KS3 SACRE guidance - The principal aim of RE is to engage pupils in systematic enquiry into significant human questions which religion and worldviews address, so that they can develop the understanding and skills needed to appreciate and appraise varied responses to these questions, as well as develop response of their own.
- To know about and understand a range of religions and worldviews; express ideas and insights about the nature, significance and impact of religions and worldviews and gain and deploy the skills needed to engage seriously with religions and worldviews.
- To enable students to have a broad understanding of the world around them – a world that is not as visible at Sherburn High School as in other schools in the Yorkshire district.
- To enable students to understand people’s different beliefs and how these have an impact on their day-to-day life.
- To enable students to understand how to treat others with respect – especially those who might dress differently, or eat different things for example.